Deposit Accounts & Rates
SAVINGS ACCOUNTS AND CDs
Maine Harvest FCU is seeking depositors who share our mission of supporting Maine’s food system and want an interest-paying, government-guaranteed deposit account that is easy to set up and manage. Deposits will be insured through the National Credit Union Administration up to $250,000 per individual (or organization) and up to $500,000 per couple.
Because we don’t handle cash directly and don’t offer checking accounts, you will still want to keep your checking account where it is (or ask us to recommend another credit union!).
Currently we are offering the following deposits:
- Regular Savings at 0.10% per year interest.
- 5-year Certificates of Deposit at 0.40% per year.*
- 10-year Certificates of Deposit at 0.60% per year.*
To keep interest rates on loans to farmers and food producers as low as possible and fixed for longer periods, please consider our Harvest Certificates:
- 5-year Harvest Certificate of Deposit at 0.10% per year.*
- 10-year Harvest Certificate of Deposit at 0.10% per year.*
* Note: Certificates of Deposit can be cashed in before their maturity with the payment of a penalty based on the interest rate and term of the CD. Rates are effective 4/3/20.
You can open a deposit account at our Unity office or we will come to you! Call or email Scott for more information or to set up a time to meet.
Scott Budde, President & CEO
PO Box 249
69 School Street
Unity, ME 04988
M-W, 9 am – 3 pm
and by appointment